FAI Conference & Winter Music Camp
26th ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL FOLK ALLIANCE CONFERENCE
February 19th-23rd - Westin Hotel, Kansas City, MO
Showcase entry and early registration begins July 1, 2013.
The International Folk Alliance conference is an annual event that draws together music industry professionals from throughout the world to share ideas, network, and celebrate traditional music and dance. It is an event of celebration, education, and entertainment. Held over five days, the Conference includes:
- Over 2000 registered attendees
- Over 50 workshops, panel discussions, and peer group meetings that address critical issues relating to presenting, promoting, and preserving folk and traditional music and dance.
- 100+ industry exhibitors
- Special events, such as the Folk Alliance Elaine Weissman Lifetime Achievement Awards, networking receptions, official Performance Alley and private showcase performances, feature shows, exhibit hall, community outreach concerts, and much more.
- 200 official juried performances (Performance Alley)
- 300+ unofficial private showcases (Hotel Rooms)
FOLK ALLIANCE WINTER MUSIC CAMP
February 19th-24th - Sheraton Crown Center Hotel, Kansas City, MO
Featuring the finest players and teachers on the planet
Offering Beginners, Intermediate, and Master Classes in:
Guitar (Bluegrass, Country, Folk, Blues, Ragtime, Western Swing, Jazz, Rockabilly, Slack Key, Gypsy, Sacred Steel, Celtic, Rock and more), Banjo (Bluegrass, Clawhammer, Celtic, Dixieland), Pedal Steel Guitar, Non Pedal & Lap Steel Guitar, Dobro, Mandolin, Fiddle, Ukulele, Bass (upright & electric), Percussion (drum kit, cajon, congas, hand percussion), Harmonica, Accordion, Dulcimer, Vocal Training (lead & harmony), Keyboards, Fantasy Band Camp (all levels and styles), Making A Better Band (band coaches), Playing in Church, Playing in A Family Band, How To Play in Jam Sessions, Instrument Building & Maintenance, A Guide to Vintage Instruments, Digital Recording (Pro Tools), Basic Music Theory, Music Business Basics, Website Development, and so much more.
Great hotel rooms with meal plans available, late night jam sessions, bands welcome, special parties, instructor and camper concerts, camp general store, vintage instrument show, record & memorabilia show, attached shopping center, three days of fun & music all under one roof. Limited space available.
Registration opens July 2013
First Instructors, Schedule, and Earlybird pricing will be announced Summer 2013
Under 17 must be accompanied by parent or guardian – all ages welcome – bring the family
* CONFERENCE ATTENDEES WILL HAVE ACCESS TO WINTER MUSIC CAMP ACTIVITIES
Camp Director: Mark Rubin
Produced by Folk Alliance International